Something that taste like candy, but that is actually super healthy for you, say it isn’t so! While these little cubes of deliciousness are packed full of nutrients they also hit that sweet tooth. What gives them there wonderful taste? Maple Syrup with a Pumpkin Spice kick to it…
Butternut Squash in itself has many health benefits including being loaded with Fiber and Vitamin C, it prevents high blood pressure, keeps your bones strong, reduces inflammation, and boosts the immune system all while aiding to weight loss. Then there is the Maple Syrup, while deliciously sweet it is packed with antioxidant and immune boosting vitamins. Cinnamon is great for gut health due to its high antioxidants. Cinnamon also has many anti-inflammatory properties, is known to fight infections and viruses and is great for the skin.
Not only is it delicious but this dish is super easy to make. All you need to do is cube a Butternut Squash (or you can cheat and buy it already cubed, I do), throw in some maple syrup and add your spices. Spread the cubes out on a baking sheet and put them into the oven and let the magic happen.
Butternut Squash made with Maple Syrup and Pumpkin Spice making the ultimate side Dish. Keto and Paleo Compliant!!
- 2 pounds of butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- Preheat oven to 400°F Degrees
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowls stirring until the Butternut Squash is evenly coated.
- Spread Butternut Squash onto a cookie sheet. If at all possible make sure they are not touching.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then flip.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes, remove from the oven and Enjoy!
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: Butternut Squash
Some of the Items I used:
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. What does this mean to you? It means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.