Balsamic Marinated Steak, this will be your new go to Steak Marinade. It is packed full of delicious flavors and I promise, you will love it. Balsamic Vinegar paired with perfect a blend of seasoning to include Oregano and Basil. Steak is perfect on the Grill, cooked in a Cast Iron skillet or broiled in the Oven. No mater how you cook it, it matters how you marinade it! A perfectly marinated steak can make your meal.
How to make:
It is super easy to make the marinade, which is something I love with my busy schedule. Just mix all the marinade ingredients together in a mason jar, measuring cup or bowl. Give it a good shake or mix and let sit while you prepare the meat. I have found that tenderized meat also allows it to better soak in the marinade. Stabbing it with a fork allows for the marinade to get into the steak. These techniques no only does it help the flavor but are a great way to take out the frustrations.
Next, put the Steak into a seal-able container, cover with the marinade and seal. Place the seal-able container in the fridge from one hour to a day or two. I usually let it marinade for one day but I have also forgotten to marinade and have successfully done it for 30 minutes.
I love to pair my Steak with a baked potato topped with my favorite lactose free sour cream. Ok let’s face it, sometimes its more like sour cream topped with baked potato. Don’t judge, I know I am not the only one.
With summer coming I love to pair my steak with balsamic marinated tomato, basil and feta cheese. In addition to potatoes and tomatoes I love to put it on top of a salad with seasonal berries. In spring time its strawberries, summer time roasted peppers and in the fall it a slaw with broccoli cabbage and radishes. Honestly, can’t go wrong with what your pair it with.Print
Flank Steak in a Balsamic Marinade. Whole30, Paleo and Keto Complaint.
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 pound Flank Steak
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- Gather all of your ingredients and a measuring cup or bowl to make the marinade and seal-able container to marinade
- Combine all the Marinade ingredients in a mason jar, measuring cup or bowl
- Now for the Steak, coat both sides in the Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic
- Cover the steak in the marinade and close the seal-able container
- Allow to marinade in the fridge for an hour to a day or two
- Heat a Cast Iron over Medium Heat with 1 tablespoon Avocado Oi
- Once heated place steak in cast iron, flip after 4 minutes.
- Continue flipping till cooked to you desired. (Medium takes about 12-15 depending on the thickness of your steak)
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting against the grain and serving
- Category: Dinner