Corn Salsa with a sweet and spicy twist to your corn. Served cold with honey, apple cider vinegar and jalapeño. Perfect for a hot summer day or you next cookout. The jalapeño and honey allows the salsa to have a little zest with out to much of a punch. Not only is it delicious, it is easy to make and can be made well in advance of any event. The longer it sets the better the flavor gets!!
How to make:
First, cook the corn, about 7 minutes in boiling water. While the corn is cooking chop up the jalapeño and onion. Cook on low for 5 minutes to allow the jalapeño and onion to soften. This add amazing flavor to the Salsa. Once corn is done cut the corn off the ears. Combine the corn, jalapeño, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Put in a sealable container in the fridge and allow to sit for a few hours before serving.
This is easy adaptable to your taste. If you like the punch then you can certainly add more jalapeño! If you want it a little more sweet add a bit more honey. No matter how you like, you can’t go wrong. ENJOY!Print
Corn Salsa is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy! The sweetness of the honey provides the perfect balance to the kick of the Jalapeño
- 4 Ears of Corn (3 Cups)
- 2 medium size Jalapeño, de-seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced Red Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Boil 6 cups of water in a pot large enough to hold 4 ears of corn, bring to a boil. Once boiling add the Corn and cook for 7 minutes (make sure corn is fully covered by water)
- Once Corn is done cooking, cut it off the cob and set it aside
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat with 2 tablespoon Extra Light Olive Oil.
- Add the Red Onion, sautéing for 2-3 mins, add the jalapeño and sauce for another 5-6 minutes
- Add the Corn, Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Allow to simmer over low for 10 minutes, remove from heat
- Once cooled store in the refrigerator till ready to serve
- While this dish is AMAZING served Cold, it is also Delicious served warm, your choice
- Category: Side Dish
Some of the items I used:
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. What does this mean to you? It means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.