Pork & Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Pepper is a healthier twist to the classic stuffed pepper!
- 1 tablespoon Olive/Avocado Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 10 oz/2 cups Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Heat oil in a pan over medium low heat
- Add your onions allowing to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Microwave frozen cauliflower for 3 minutes to defrost in a bowl covered with a wet paper towel/or in the steam bag if you choose. You can also pull it out and defrost prior too.
- Note: If using fresh cauliflower rice add it when you add the pork and cook it until fork tender. It might take a little longer to cook.
- Add minced garlic sautéing for another minute
- Add the ground pork (and fresh cauliflower rice if not using frozen).
- Cook the pork until it is no longer pink (add cauliflower rice is fork tender if using fresh cauliflower rice if not using frozen
- Once cooked at the cauliflower rice and seasoning to the pan, stirring until combined.
- Cut the top off your green peppers and clean them out,
- Place the peppers into a shallow backing dish.
- Note: If you are using larger peppers use four. If you are using smaller peppers use 6.
- Add about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup to each pepper, till filled.
- Top with tomato sauce about 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup per pepper depending on how many.
- Note: you can add the sauce after cooking for 20 minutes if you want to get a crispy top. I personally like to add it at the beginning, then you can cook it and forget it.
- Cook for 40 minutes, allow to cool for 5 minutes after you remove it from the oven.
Keywords: stuffed pepper