Cajun Chicken, Sausage & Peppers is the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1 pound Shredded Chicken
- 4 Andouille Sausage, (12 ounces)
- 1 small Red Pepper
- 1 small Green Pepper
- 1 small Yellow Pepper
- 1/4 diced Jalapeno
- 1 can (8 ounces) Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning (see below)
- 2 teaspoon Coconut Amino
- 2 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (dried)
- 2 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- Chop up all your ingredients. (or buy them pre-chopped)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low with oil.
- Add the peppers and onion, sauté for about 7 minutes until soft and onions are translucent.
- Chop up the sausage and shred your chicken while the pepper are cooking.
- Add the remaining ingredients minus chicken and sausage.
- Allow to simmer, stirring until the tomato paste is incorporated into the broth.
- Add the chicken and sausage, mixing together, covering and allowing to simmer on low.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes
* makes sure you read the ingredients in the sausage if doing a Whole30