Cajun Chicken, Sausage and Peppers is an easy weeknight dinner! It is a sweet and spicy dish that is delicious! I love easy dishes that can be used for multiple meals. This dish is my twist to an easier, quick Jambalaya recipe. The peppers help to sweeten it up while the jalapeño and cajun seasoning give it a nice little kick! It goes great with cauliflower rice and quinoa. Both really soak up the flavor of the sauce nicely!
How to make:
Start with cooking your chicken, or used pre-shredded/already cooked chicken. Chop up all your ingredients. You can also buy them pre-chopped if you prefer. Heat a large skillet over medium-low with oil. Add the peppers and onion, sauté for about 7 minutes until soft and onions are translucent. Chop up the sausage and shred your chicken while the pepper are cooking. Add the remaining ingredients minus chicken and sausage. Allow to simmer, stirring until the tomato paste is incorporated into the broth. Add the chicken and sausage, mixing together, covering and allowing to simmer on low.
You can eat it right away or allow it to simmer for a while! Don’t like a lot of spice, don’t add or reduce the jalapeño or cayenne pepper in the cajun seasoning. If you like a lot of spice then kick it up a notch! Oh, one last thing, you can freeze it too. I have kept it in the freezer for up to 3 months!Print
Cajun Chicken, Sausage & Peppers is the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 tablespoon Avocado or Olive Oil
- 1 pound Shredded Chicken
- 4 Andouille Sausage, (12 ounces)
- 1 small Red Pepper
- 1 small Green Pepper
- 1 small Yellow Pepper
- 1/4 diced Jalapeno
- 1 can (8 ounces) Tomato Paste
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning (see below)
- 2 teaspoon Coconut Amino
- 2 tablespoon Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (dried)
- 2 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- Chop up all your ingredients. (or buy them pre-chopped)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low with oil.
- Add the peppers and onion, sauté for about 7 minutes until soft and onions are translucent.
- Chop up the sausage and shred your chicken while the pepper are cooking.
- Add the remaining ingredients minus chicken and sausage.
- Allow to simmer, stirring until the tomato paste is incorporated into the broth.
- Add the chicken and sausage, mixing together, covering and allowing to simmer on low.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes
* makes sure you read the ingredients in the sausage if doing a Whole30
- Category: Dinner
Some of the items I used:
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. What does this mean to you? It means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.