Tuscan Pumpkin and Chicken Marinara might just become your favorite fall dish. The pumpkin adds amazing flavor to the marinara without being overpowering. Coconut milk making this dish wonderfully creamy while keeping it dairy free. Fresh Sage just takes this dish to the next level. It is the perfect twist to the classic marinara and the perfect way to switch it up. Not only is it delicious but it is easy to make, great re-heated and freezes well. It goes amazingly well with Cauliflower Rice but works with any pasta or veggie noodles.
How to make:
Making Tuscan Pumpkin and Chicken Marinara is simpler then you may think. You start with taking the chicken and slicing it into strips (or chunks if you prefer) along the shore-side. Heat a sauté pan over medium low heat with oil, I used olive oil. Place the chicken in the heated pan, one at a time, ensuring that it is evenly on the heat and not touching. You might have to do more the one batch, just remove the cooked chicken and add more. Cook for 3 minutes and flip, cooking for another 3 minutes and remove. Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients except the chicken to the sautéed onions. Allow to heat up, it will take a few minutes to warm the ingredients allowing them to mix together. Once everything is mixed together and creamy add the chicken in. Reduce the heat to low, cover and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
This dish is guaranteed to please and the perfect way to add pumpkin to your meal! Enjoy!Print
Tuscan Marinara with Pumpkin and Chicken using Coconut Milk making it Dairy Free, Paleo, Keto and Whole30.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oils
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Diced Sweet Onion
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 2 cans Pumpkin Puree
- 1 can Coconut Milk (regular)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Sage
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Heat a sauté pan with the Olive Oil over medium-low heat
- Task your chicken breast and along the short side cut it into strips (should be about 2 inches long place)
- Place the chicken in the heated pan, one at a time, ensuring that it is evenly on the heat and not touching. You might have to do more the one batch, just remove the cooked chicken and add more. Cook for 3 minutes and flip, cooking for another 3 minutes and remove.
- In the empty sauté pan add the onion and sauce for 4 minutes, then add the remaining ingredients minus the chicken.
- Allow it to heat up, it will take a few minutes to warm the ingredients for them to mix together.
- Once everything is mixed together and creamy add the Chicken back in.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
Keywords: pumpkin, marinara, tomato sauce, sage, tuscan, tuscan marinar, pumpkin marinara, pumpkin spaghetti, spaghetti sauce