This Sun Dried Tomato Dip is a dairy free versions of one of my favorites dips ever. For years my Aunt Margo has made this amazing dip, and nobody knows her recipe. While mine will likely never be as good as hers, this is a pretty close second. Since I don’t do well with dairy I decided to try to make a dairy free version. I use Kite Hill Dairy Free Cream Cheese and Cashews to give it the glorious cheesy flavor! It is the perfect substitute for regular cream cheese. It can sometime tend to have a flavor to it. Once you allow it to sit in the refrigerator, and the flavors combine it is absolutely incredible. You would never know it was made with a Dairy Free Cream Cheese!
How to Make Sun Dried Tomato Dip:
To make this dip you will need a high-speed blender or food processor. I prefer the blender because mine at least does better with cashews. Start by boiling 2 cups of water and 1 cup of raw cashews in a saucepan. Allow to come to a boil and reduce the heat to a low boil for 5 to 10 mins. Remove the saucepan from heat and allow to sit and come to room temperature while you prep the remaining ingredients. Add the Cashews and the 1/2 cup of the cashew water, blending till smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend till combined. If you need to thin the Sun Dried Tomato Dip out, you can add 1 tablespoon of cashew water one at a time till it is the desired consistency.
This is soooo good I can easily eat it one sitting, being dairy free just makes it easier! I love Sun-dried Tomato Dip with gluten free rolls, with Simple Mills Sea Salt crackers and in desperate times, with a spoon 😂 . However you choose to eat this amazing Sun Dried Tomato Dip, I am sure you will love it!Print
A perfectly creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Dip that is not only amazing but dairy free.
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup raw Cashews
- 1.2 cup Fresh Basil
- 1 8oz container Kite Hill Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (in oil)
- 1/2 cup Oil (from Sun Dried Tomatoes or Olive Oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Water from boiling Cashews
- Add Water and Cashews to a saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce to a low boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- While cooling prepare the rest of you ingredients.
- Remove the Cashews and add them along with 1/2 cup of the Water to a blender and blend till Cashews are smooth
- Add your remaining ingredients and blend. If too thick add more Cashew water 1 tablespoon at a time
- Allow to refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to 3 days
- Category: American
- Method: Blender or Food Processor
- Cuisine: Dip
Keywords: Sun Dried Tomatoes, Sun Dried Tomato Dip, Dip, Dairy Free Dip, Dairy Free Cream Cheese, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Cashews, Dairy Free Cream Cheese, Tomato Dip, Easy, Recipe