Sautéed Pork Chops in a easy and delicious sauce with Prosciutto for a easy weeknight dinner. Whole30, Paleo, Keto, Gluten and Dairy Free!
- 2 tablespoon Avocado or Olive Oil
- 2 Pork Chops, about 1 inch think
- 1 teaspoon Sage Pork Rub (see below)
- 2 Shallots diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 chopped Prociutto
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Mushroom Powder (optional, see notes)
- 1 1/2 cup Beef Broth (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 tablespoon Tapioca (you can also use arrowroot or flour as your thickener)
- Optional: Top with Fresh Parsley
Sage Pork Rub (store extra in an airtight container for future use, see recipe for ideas)
- 2 tablespoons Dried Rubbed Sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoons Onion Powder
- Combine Sage Pork Rub and heat 1 tablespoon Oil over medium to medium low heat. Add 1 teaspoon of Sage Pork Rub to your Pork Chops, about 1/4 teaspoon to each side. Once the pan is heated add the Pork Chops and sauté for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and store on plate.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the shallots (see not about mushrooms below) and Prociutto, sauté for about 3 minutes. Add minced Garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Next add the Beef Broth (see notes) Mushroom Powder, Sea Salt and Black Pepper. Increase the heat to medium and stir scrapping all the bits off the bottom of the pan, allow the sauce to come to a simmer.
- While the sauce is coming to a simmer make your slurry of Tapioca (thickener of your choice) and cold water. Stir until combined and add it to simmering sauce, stirring until incorporated.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add your Pork Chops and and juices from the plate into the sauce, cover and simmer for about 20-25 minutes till pork chops are cooked through (145˚F)
- Remove from heat, allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve
You can use Traders Joes Umami Mushroom Powder or NomNom Paleo's Magic Mushroom Powder. If you don't have either you can add 1/2 cup finely diced Portabella Mushrooms, adding it in with the Shallots to sauté.
You can use Chicken Broth for a lighter flavor, or Beef Stock for more flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: America
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Pork Chop, Pork Chops, Pork Chop dinner, Saucy Pork Chops, Pork Chops with Sauce, dinner, Pork Chops with Prosciutto, Prosciutto Pork Chops