Perfectly flavored Pork Tenderloin cooked with Apples, Onion, and seasoned with the perfect combination of Sage and other spices.
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1-2 pound Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons Sage Pork Rub (recipe below)
- 1 small Onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Apple, de-cored and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 - 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon Sage Pork Rub (recipe below)
Sage Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoons Dried Rubbed Sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Add Avocado Oil to a large Pot or Dutch Oven and heat over medium-low heat
- Add the Pork Rub to all sides of the Pork Tenderloin till it is covered
- Place the tenderloin into Pot/Dutch Oven, searing for two minutes on each side until all sides are cooked (8 minutes).
- Remove the tenderloin and place it on a plate or cutting board.
- Add the Chopped Onion, cooking for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Chopped Apple and continue cooking for another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth, stirring and scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the seasoning, stirring until it is incorporated.
- Place the Pork Tenderloin back into the pot and cover it with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, flip the Pork Tenderloin and cook an additional 20-25 minutes until Pork Tenderloin's internal temp 165°F degrees.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Cut the tenderloin and ENJOY!
Keywords: Pork Tenderloin, apples, pork, sage, onion, pork and gravy, tenderloin