updated 9 October 2022
Pork Tenderloin that is AMAZING and Simple! Pork alone is delicious, but tenderloin is full of great flavor. It's even better when you add some Apples and Sage to a mix. What is excellent about this pork tenderloin dish is that it doesn't take long to prep, about 12 minutes. Then you put it in a pot and forget it type dish that only takes about 45 minutes to cook. The apples are a great topping to your pork tenderloin, adding a sweet, flavorful taste to each bite.
How this delicious Pork Tenderloin came about:
I came up with this recipe one night after visiting an apple picking farm and having an overabundance of apples. As usual, I just started throwing things together with the rub. I had been working on a Sausage recipe and had leftover seasoning, so I used it as a rub, and from there, my Sage Pork Rub was born! I put the rub on the tenderloin, seared it, then cooked apples and onions in the leftover juices from the searing. Once the onions and apples are translucent, add some chicken broth to a bunch of delicious spices. I added back in the tenderloin, put a lid on it, and let it simmer for the next 45 minutes.
Looking for an amazing side dish to go with this delicious meal?? Try my Diary Free Mashed Potatoes! They are the perfect match for this delicious meal. I hope you ENJOY it as much as I do!Print
Pork Tenderloin with Apples
- Prep Time: 10 -15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10-15 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Perfectly flavored Pork Tenderloin cooked with Apples, Onion, and seasoned with the perfect combination of Sage and other spices.
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1-2 pound Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons Sage Pork Rub (recipe below)
- 1 small Onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Apple, de-cored and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 - 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon Sage Pork Rub (recipe below)
Sage Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoons Dried Rubbed Sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Add Avocado Oil to a large Pot or Dutch Oven and heat over medium-low heat
- Add the Pork Rub to all sides of the Pork Tenderloin till it is covered
- Place the tenderloin into Pot/Dutch Oven, searing for two minutes on each side until all sides are cooked (8 minutes).
- Remove the tenderloin and place it on a plate or cutting board.
- Add the Chopped Onion, cooking for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Chopped Apple and continue cooking for another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth, stirring and scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the seasoning, stirring until it is incorporated.
- Place the Pork Tenderloin back into the pot and cover it with a tight-fitting lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, flip the Pork Tenderloin and cook an additional 20-25 minutes until Pork Tenderloin's internal temp 165°F degrees.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Cut the tenderloin and ENJOY!
Keywords: Pork Tenderloin, apples, pork, sage, onion, pork and gravy, tenderloin
Leave a Reply