Pork Tenderloin that is AMAZING and Simple! Pork alone is great but a tenderloin is full of great flavor. It's even better when you add some Apples and Sage to a mix.
I came up with this recipe one random night after visiting an apple picking farm and having an overabundance of apples. As usual I just started throwing things together starting with the rub. I had been working on a Sausage recipe and had left over seasoning so I used it as a rub and from there my Sage Pork Rub was born! I put the rub on the tenderloin, seared it, then cooked apples and onions in the leftover juices from searing . Once the onions and apples are done cooking I add in some chicken broth to a bunch of delicious spices. I added back in the Tenderloin, put a lid on it an let it simmer for the next 45 minutes,
We had some extra quinoa in the fridge, which lets be honest, is very bland by itself and usually needs a little something extra to it, so I threw some of the juices from that the Tenderloin had cooked in onto the Quinoa... WOW it was amazing!!
What is great about this pork tenderloin dish is that doesn't take long to prep, about 12 minutes. Then you put it in a pot and forget it type dish that only takes about 45 minutes to cook. The apples are a great topping to your pork tenderloin adding a sweet flavorful taste to each bite.
Looking for an amazing side dish to go with this delicious meal?? Try my Diary Free Mashed Potatoes! They are the prefect match for this scrumptious meal. I hope you ENJOY it as much as I do!Print
Perfectly flavored Pork Tenderloin are perfect as an appetizer or dinner! Seasoned with Apples, Onion, Chicken Broth, Sage and spices.
- 1-2 pound Pork Tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons Sage Pork Rub (https://www.atwistedplate.com/sage-pork-rub/)
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 Honey crisp apple, de-cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Sage
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Add Avocado Oil in large Pot or Dutch Oven and heat over medium-low heat
- Place the tenderloin on a plate or cutting board and coat with the Pork Rub
- Place into Pot/Dutch Oven, searing for two minutes, flip.
- Continue cooking and flipping till the four sides are cooked (total 8 minutes)
- Remove the tenderloin and place it on a plate
- Add the Chopped Onion, cooking for 4minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the Chopped Honeycrisp Apple continue cooking for another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the chicken broth, stir it in
- Place the Pork Tenderloin back into the pot
- Add the remaining ingredients and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes, flip the Pork Tenderloin and cook an additional 20-25 minutes until Pork Tenderloin is cooked to 165 degrees
Keywords: Pork Tenderloin, apples, pork, sage, onion, pork and gravy, tenderloin