Chicken, Broccoli, Carrots, and Red Pepper cooked together in a Cast Iron Skillet! Sheet Pan dinners are all the rage, but a meal cooked in a Cast Iron Skillet is even better! Cooking with a Cast Iron is simple and easy to clean up. It is super easy to come home and throw everything together in 10 mins, put it in the oven and let it cook. This dinner is effortless. I use frozen broccoli and shredded carrots to simplify the prep. Then I dice the peppers while the chicken is searing. Why sear the chicken? It helps to lock in the flavor and juices while cooking. Also, there is just something about cooking in a Cast Iron that adds flavor!
How to make:
Heat the Cast Iron with some oil over medium-low heat. While it's heating, cut the Chicken Breast in half and season. Once the skillet is hot, add the chicken, cook for 3 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, dice up the red pepper, get some shredded carrots (or chop them up), and grab a bag of frozen broccoli out of the freezer. You can use fresh broccoli if you choose. After cooking the chicken, add the remaining ingredients. Put the skillet in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, pull it out and let it cool.
If you use fresh broccoli, coat it in oil and add a couple of tablespoons of water or chicken broth. Using frozen broccoli produces water as it defrosts. You can easily change this up to use what you have on hand. Green Beans work well too! Don't have a Cast Iron? You can easily make it on a sheet pan. Want to add starch? Try adding Sweet Potatoes or serving over Rice. However, you make it; I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!Print
Cast Iron Chicken, Broccoli, Carrots, and Red Pepper, a delicious and easy twist to the classic Sheet Pan Dinner!
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds (3) Chicken Breast, cut in half and seasoned:
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 1/2 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 1/2 Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Diced Red Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth or Bone Broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F and heat a CastIron over medium heat.
- Tenderize your 6 pieces of Chicken, seasoning both sides with the spice mixture
- Place Chicken in Cast Iron cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook another 2 minutes
- Add Broccoli, Carrots, Red Pepper and Chicken/Bone Broth over Chicken Breast
- Put into the oven and cook for 30 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool
Keywords: Chicken, Sheet Pan dinner, Chicken sheet pan, Chicken Dish