Maple & Walnut Sweet Potato Casserole simple, easy yet delicious Paleo friendly Maple Walnut Sweet Potato Casserole for the Thanksgiving win. Guys not only is this dish very easy to make, you can also prep it ahead of time to bake the day of. It also has simple, easy ingredients. I want to simplify the process as much as possible for some dishes because I always end up making too many. I also don’t want to have to but 150,000 ingredients, I want to be able to use ingredients I mostly have on hand, yet I want to make clean healthy dishes.
How to make Maple and Walnut Sweet Potato Casserole:
Start by peeling, cubing and boiling your sweet potatoes on low for about 20 minutes until they are fork tender. Once done drain, and add to a mixing bowl with your dairy free milk, ghee, sea salt, black pepper and cinnamon. Side note: for plain mashed potatoes I use cashew because it really gives it a creamy flavor. For the Mashed Sweet Potatoes I don’t notice a difference in taste between cashew milk and Nutpods. With a hand mixer mix until everything is nice a smooth. Add the mashed sweet potatoes to a 9 by 9 backing dish, or whatever dish you prefer. In a separate bowl mix cinnamon, walnuts and maple syrup. Top the mashed sweet potatoes with the walnut mixture. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
We love Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes, it is an easy side dish and adding a little bit of cinnamon is a great way to change it up. Maple & Walnut Sweet Potato Casserole has become a go to side dish when we have pork, especially in the wintertime. I love taking a healthy side dish and giving it a sweet twist (candied butternut squash), especially for Thanksgiving! I feel like you have such an abundance of savory flavors you need a little sweet in there too and you can’t go wrong with maple syrup/cinnamon and walnuts. Not to mention, it goes GREAT with Turkey.Print
A simple, easy to make side dish. Cinnamon flavored sweet potatoes topped with candied walnuts!
- 3 pounds Sweet Potato pealed and cut into 1 inch cubes Sweet Potato Mash
- Cooked Sweet Potatoes
- 1/3 cup Dairy Free Milk
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Pepper
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place into a saucepan filling with water till the potatoes are completely covered.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork tender and drain
- In mixing bowl add your drained sweet potatoes, ghee, dairy free milk, sea salt, black pepper and cinnamon
- Using a hand mixer or masher, mix until everything is combined and smooth.
- Place you mashed sweet potatoes in a 9×9 baking dish/or a dish of your choice
- In a separate bowl add walnuts, cinnamon and maple syrup, mixing until the walnuts are evenly coated.
- Top you mashed sweet potatoes with the walnut mixture
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, the walnut mixture will be hot!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato casserole, sweet potato casserole with walnuts, candied walnuts, Sweet potato bake, sweet potato recipe, thanksgiving side dish, side dish