Breakfast Sausage is a staple for most Breakfast... Who doesn't LOVE Sausage?! It goes great with eggs for the ultimate Breakfast. Its NOT just for Breakfast though, you can put it on-top of a salad at lunch or in your favorite marinara for dinner. Needless to say, this is a staple when meal prepping, especially if doing a Whole30. I usually make a large batch of it and store it in the fridge to use all week. It is great for a quick and easy breakfast and to mix in with different meals. This recipe is really versatile and works well with any ground meat pork, chicken or turkey.
An average breakfast in our house consist of sausage, eggs and sweet potatoes. Finding a clean and affordable Sausage is no easy task. Add on trying to find one that is Whole30 compliant and taste good. Therefore, I set out to create my own. I cannot tell you the number of Sausage recipes I have tried and and failed at! Many versions have ended in the trash can because I didn’t like the seasoning or it just was too dry. Nobody likes dry Sausage!
Change it up:
What is great about this recipe is you can make it more or less spicy. Simply add more or less Crushed Red Pepper. If you prefer something a little sweeter, or want to change it up, you can add a little Maple Syrup (not Whole30). Another plus in making your own sausage is that you can prepare it however you want. You can make links, patties meatballs or crumbles. I have found that for meal prep crumbles are best. You can just take the sausage and throw it on or with anything. If you don't tolerate egg, just omit the the egg. I hope you ENJOY this recipe as much as we do!Print
- Breakfast sausage that is easily adaptable to be spicy, sweet or both. Whole30, Paleo and Keto Compliant!
- 1 pound Ground Pork or Ground Turkey
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Sage
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- For Spicy Sausage add 3/4 teaspoon Crush Red Peppers
- For Maple Sausage add 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup (not Whole30)
- Preheat skillet over medium-low heat
- Combine desired ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Form into 1 inch balls and flatten to make into a patty
- Place Patties into heated skillet and cover
- Flip every 3-4 minutes until cooked through, usually about 10 to 12 minutes
- Category: Breakfast