Its summer time and what is better the a Turkey Reuben! We usually do ours with Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Bread, Turkey, a good Krout and homemade Jalapeño 1000 Island! Jalapeño 1000 Island is the perfect sauce for your Burgers, Rueben's, Chicken, Potatoes....anything really! This sauce is SOOOOOOOO amazing! The jalapeño gives it a nice little kick without it being to spicy.
How to Make Jalapeño 1000 Island:
This super simple recipe is very easy to make. I usually make my own mayonnaise, but you can use whatever mayonnaise you choose. Next you can chop up jalapeño or used the jar jalapeño. Either option work for this recipe. I always have a jar of diced or sliced jalapeños in the refrigerator, I don't always have fresh jalapeño. Once your jalapeño is ready to go add your ingredients to a mason jar, mixing bowl, or whatever you prefer. Add all of your ingredients and stir until everything is combined. Put into a sealable container and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
One note, you should allow it to refrigerate for a few hours before using. This allows the flavors to combine. If you use it right away it doesn't taste very good because the flavors not there yet.
Jalapeño 1000 Island is the perfect way to take this sauce up another notch.
- 1 cup Mayonaise (make sure complaint if following specific diet)
- 2 tablespoon Diced Jalapeños
- 2 tablespoon Ketchup (make sure complaint if following specific diet) I recommend Tessemae's
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Amino
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Gather all ingredients and combine into a bowl
- Stir until everything is incorporated
- Allow to refrigerate for 3-4 hours
Jalapeño 1000 Island stays good in the fridge for up to a week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sauce
Keywords: Jalapeño 1000 Island