Balsamic Marinated Steak, this will be your new go to Steak Marinade. It is packed full of delicious flavors and I promise, you will love it. Balsamic Vinegar paired with perfect a blend of seasoning to include Oregano and Basil. Steak is perfect on the Grill, cooked in a Cast Iron skillet or broiled in the Oven. No mater how you cook it, it matters how you marinade it! A perfectly marinated steak can make your meal.
How to make:
It is super easy to make the marinade, which is something I love with my busy schedule. Just mix all the marinade ingredients together in a mason jar, measuring cup or bowl. Give it a good shake or mix and let sit while you prepare the meat. I have found that tenderized meat also allows it to better soak in the marinade. Stabbing it with a fork allows for the marinade to get into the steak. These techniques no only does it help the flavor but are a great way to take out the frustrations.
Next, put the Steak into a seal-able container, cover with the marinade and seal. Place the seal-able container in the fridge from one hour to a day or two. I usually let it marinade for one day but I have also forgotten to marinade and have successfully done it for 30 minutes.
I love to pair my Steak with a baked potato topped with my favorite lactose free sour cream. Ok let's face it, sometimes its more like sour cream topped with baked potato. Don't judge, I know I am not the only one.
With summer coming I love to pair my steak with balsamic marinated tomato, basil and feta cheese. In addition to potatoes and tomatoes I love to put it on top of a salad with seasonal berries. In spring time its strawberries, summer time roasted peppers and in the fall it a slaw with broccoli cabbage and radishes. Honestly, can't go wrong with what your pair it with.Print
Balsamic Marinated Steak. Flank steak marinated with the perfect blend of Balsamic Vinegar, Spices, and Dijon Mustard.
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 pound Flank Steak
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- Gather all of your ingredients and a measuring cup or bowl to make the marinade and seal-able container to marinade
- Combine all the Marinade ingredients in a mason jar, measuring cup or bowl
- Now for the Steak, coat both sides in the Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic
- Cover the steak in the marinade and close the seal-able container
- Allow to marinade in the fridge for an hour to a day or two
- Heat a Cast Iron over Medium Heat with 1 tablespoon Avocado Oi
- Once heated place steak in cast iron, flip after 4 minutes.
- Continue flipping till cooked to you desired. (Medium takes about 12-15 depending on the thickness of your steak)
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting against the grain and serving
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10-20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Broiled or Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 426
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 237.8 mg
- Fat: 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 23 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.5 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 24.1 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: Steak, flank steak, marinated steak, balsamic marinade, marinated flank steak, easy steak marinade