Perfectly Roasted Red Onion go great with absolutely everything! This will be a new meal prep staple. Red Onions perfectly roasted in olive oil, seasoned with minced garlic, oregano salt and pepper. They are absolutely amazing. I love to roast up veggies and use them on my salad. It makes it easier when they are ready. Not to mention roasting veggies just adds a ton more flavor!
I came up with this recipe when I had a few onions to use up. I was meal prepping for the week I figured I could roast them up and use them on salads with chicken and pork. As I roasted the onions up I decided to give them a little extra flavor so I added minced garlic and oregano (my go to spice lately). All I can say is WOW!
How I make them:
First start by slicing the onion. I preferred sliced, but you can cut them anyway you want to. Add the Olive Oil to a sauté pan and heat it over medium low heat. Once heated add the onion and sauté for about six minutes stirring at least every two. Next add the Minced Garlic, Dried Oregano, Black Pepper and Sea Salt. Cook for another 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Make sure to watch it because the garlic roast up quick. Let cool and ENJOY!
Perfectly Roasted Red Onion will be you new meal prep staple. Red Onion roasted in olive oil seasoned with minced garlic, oregano salt and pepper.
- 1 small-medium Red Onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Heat Sauté Pan over medium low heat, add EVOO and sliced Onions
- Cook for 6 minutes, stirring every two minutes
- Add Dried Oregano, Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Continue cooking for 4 minutes, stirring every two minutes
- Category: Side Dish