Sage and Garlic Butternut Squash will become your go-to butternut squash recipe. Not only is it easy to make, but it goes great with so many different meals! It's just butternut squash, minced garlic, dried rub sage, sea salt, black pepper, and paprika. I keep all my dishes simple, using the same ingredients, and this is no exception. I use Trader Joe's If you want a clove of excellent/clean minced garlic. It's inexpensive and stays good in the refrigerator forever.
How to make Garlic and Sage Butternut Squash:
Start with the squash. I usually buy precut squash; it's not much more expensive and is worth a little extra money. On a side note, I usually only buy precut butternut squash and fresh cauliflower rice. I find it easier and a big-time savior; I don't mind prepping other vegetables, which can be easily cut with a knife.
I digress; once the squash is ready, add it and the remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix until everything is evenly coated. Get out a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Spread out the butternut squash mixture on the parchment paper. Try and make sure they are not touching the best you can. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, flipping after about seven and a half minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes and enjoy.
Side note: Sage and Garlic Butternut Squash is just as good cold as hot! Making it perfect for lunches and as a quick afternoon snack 😃 This side dish is perfect for the holidays; you can serve it cold and/or make it in advance. However you choose to eat it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!Print
Sage and Garlic Butternut Squash
Garlic & Sage Butternut Squash is a simple, easy, and delicious side dish!
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20-25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 pounds cubed butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Rub Sage
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Peel and cube your butternut squash, or use pre-cut butternut squash
- Add your squash and remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl
- Mix until your squash is evenly coated
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread the squash mixture; ensure they are not touching.
- Place into the oven and cook for 15 minutes, flipping after 7 minutes
- Remove from oven after 15 minutes and allow to cool
Keywords: butternut squash with sage, cooking butternut squash, roasted butternut squash, roasted butternut squash with sage