Sage and Garlic Butternut Squash will become you go to butternut squash recipe. Not only is it easy to make, it goes great with so many different meals! Its just butternut squash, minced garlic, dried rub sage, sea salt, black pepper and a little bit of paprika. I am try and keep all my dishes simple using the same ingredients and this is no exception. If you are looking for a good/clean minced garlic I use Trader Joes. Its inexpensive and stay good in the refrigerator forever it seams like.
How to make Garlic and Sage Butternut Squash:
Start with the squash. I usually buy precut squash, its not that much more expensive and in my opinion, worth the little bit of extra money. On a side note, I usually only buy pre-cut butternut squash and fresh cauliflower rice. I just find it easier and a big time savor, I don't mind prepping other vegetables as they can be easily cut with a knife.
I digress, once the squash is ready add it and the remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl. Mix until everything is evenly coated. Get out a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Spread out the butternut squash mixture on the parchment paper. Try and make sure they are not touching the best you can. Bake for 350 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping after about 7 and a half minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes and enjoy.
Side note, Sage and Garlic Butternut Squash is just as good cold as it is hot! Making it perfect for not only lunches but as a quick afternoon snack 😃 This side dish is perfect for the holidays, you can serve it cold, and/or make it in advance. However you choose to eat it I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!Print
Garlic & Sage Butternut Squash is a simple, easy, and delicious side dish!
- 2 pounds cubed butternut squash
- 2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried Rub Sage
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Peal and cube your butternut squash or use pre-cut butternut squash
- Add you squash and remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl
- Mix until your squash until evenly coated
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread out the squash mixture, try to make sure they are not touching
- Place into the oven and cook for 15 minutes, flipping after 7 minutes
- Remove from oven after 15 minutes and allow to cool
Keywords: butternut squash with sage, cooking butternut squash, roasted butternut squash, roasted butternut squash with sage