Easy Potato and Sausage Bake is the ultimate breakfast casserole made with dairy free Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese. The Chive Cream Cheese gives this casserole an AMAZING flavor. It also keeps it from getting a "dried out" egg taste when reheated. Usually I don't like reheated egg dishes but this is the eggception. Besides the sausage, hash browns, and kite hill chive cream cheese the casserole has nutpods, chili powder, diced tomato and diced green peppers.
How to make Easy Potato and Sausage Bake:
Start by thawing your potatoes or shredding fresh potatoes. In a skillet over medium heat brown your sausage into crumbles until there is no pink. Remove the sausage from the skillet and drain excess grease. I usually put on a plate of paper towels to absorb excess grease. Mix the sausage and kite hill chive cream cheese while the sausage is still warm. This will help to soften the cream cheese. Add the potatoes, diced tomatoes, green chili peppers (or Rotel) and mix until combined.
In a separate bowl or large measuring cup add the eggs, nut pods (or "milk" of choice) and chili powder, mixing till eggs are mixed in. Add you egg mixture to the mixing bowl and mix some more. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish, I use avocado oil, and place the egg mixture into the dish. Cook the Easy Potato and Sausage Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool! Easy Peezy!
Once cool I put the Easy Potato and Sausage Bake in separate storage containers so that I can just pull it out of the fridge in the morning before I go! If I don't have a breakfast prepped I usually end up eating toast or something not so healthy...hello chick fil a has browns 😂. And no I do not stop at chick fil a often... maybe once every few weeks... ok every other week. I disagrees. If you haven't had Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese you are missing out. Not only is it dairy free it is absolutely delicious! Hope you LOVE the Easy Potato and Sausage Bake as much as I do!Print
Dairy Free Breakfast Casserole made with Sausage, Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese, Hashbrowns, Tomatoes, Green Chiles and Egg
- 1 pound crumbled and cooked Sausage
- 1 8oz container Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese
- 2 cups shredded Hashbrowns (I use frozen that have defrosted)
- 1 can Rotel with Green Chili, drained (OR 1 cup drained diced tomatoes and 1 tablespoon chopped Green Chili)
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Egg Whites *see note
- 1/4 cup Dairy Free Milk (I prefer Nutpods)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Cook sausage over med low heat till no pink, drain excess oil and add to a large mixing bowl
- Add Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese and stir (the heat from the sausage will help it to better combine)
- Add the Hashbrown and Tomato/Green Chilis
- In a separate bowl add the eggs and egg whites, dairy free milk, Chili Powder and Sea Salt, mixing till combined
- Add the egg mixture to the casserole mixture, stirring till combined.
- Grease a 13*9 pan (I use glass) and add mixture
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees F
* you can use 10 eggs if you do not want to use egg whites
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Breakfast, casserole, bake, egg, sausage, chili peppers, tomato, chive cream cheese, dairy free, meal prep, easy, recipe,