Sausage Kale and Sweet Potato Hash will change your life. Are you sick of the same thing for breakfast every day? Are you looking for something you can meal prep for breakfast all week long? Can’t stand to look at another egg? Then, THIS IS YOUR DISH and IT IS AMAZING! Not only is it amazing but it is Whole30 and Paleo Compliant. It is also extremely easy to make. I took my Breakfast Sausage Recipe and added Sweet Potato and Kale. It is that simple!
how to make:
You start with your protein/meat of choice. I prefer ground Pork but Chicken or Turkey work just as well. In a bowl add the the protein and Sausage Seasoning together. Add the mixture to a pre-heated pot, cover and cook. Add the chicken broth or water and give it a good stir. You could also you Bone Broth to add extra nutrients. Next you add the Sweet Potatoes and Kale. Again, give it a good stir making sure everything is mixed, cover and cook. What is great about this dish is you can’t taste the Kale. Cooking the Kale in the juices of the Sausage gives it an Amazing flavor. The sweet potatoes add a little bit of sweetness without adding any sweetener.
This twist to a Breakfast Hash is perfect to prep at the beginning of the week and have all week long. This recipe can easily be doubled for meal prep. I usually make a double batch and it provides breakfast for two throughout the week. As with any recipe take this and make it work for you. If you like it a little hotter add extra Crusted Red Pepper. Don’t like it hot, add less. You can’t go wrong. As always, Enjoy!Print
Sausage Kale and Sweet Potato Hash is the ultimate Breakfast Hash!
- 1 tablespoon Avocado/Olive Oil
- 1 pound Ground Pork or Ground Turkey or Chicken
- Sausage Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Sage
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth or Water
- 1 pound Sweet Potato cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups de-stemmed and chopped Kale
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Add the Oil to a pan and heat over medium-low heat
- Add the Meat and Sausage Seasoning stirring until combined
- Cover, stirring every few minutes until Meat is cooked
- Once meat is cooked add the remaining ingredients, stirring so everything is combined.
- Cover and allow to cook over low/medium-low for 35-40 minutes stirring occasionally
- Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to sit covered
- Category: Breakfast