"Cheesy" Bacon Kale Scramble! Bacon, Eggs, and Kale mixed with Nutritional Yeast to create the perfect breakfast scramble. Nothing is better than "Cheesy" breakfast dishes that don't contain cheese. You can make it on a Sunday and have breakfast ready every day of the week. Your mornings are so much easier when you have to wake up, get ready for work, and already have breakfast ready to go.
How to make "Cheesy" Bacon Kale Scramble:
First, take the Bacon, slice it into about 1-inch slices/pieces, and put it into a 12-inch frying/sauté pan. Cover with the lid and allow to simmer over medium/medium-low, stirring about every two minutes or so, until cooked. Make sure you watch the Bacon; lesson learned a few times on my end: Bacon can quickly burn when cut small. Nobody likes Burnt Bacon! Once Bacon is crispy, take the Bacon from the pan spreading it out onto a paper towel.
Leave the grease in the pan and add the Kale to the bacon grease. Cover and cook, stirring every minute or so. You want the Kale to be slightly wilted, crispy on the edges, and slightly browning. Again watch it as it cooks; it can quickly burn if left alone too long. While cooking the Kale, mix up the eggs and remaining ingredients. Once the Kale is wilted and slightly crispy, add the Bacon Egg mixture to the Kale. Allow the egg to cook till your liking.
If you have never cooked Kale in Bacon Grease YOU ARE MISSING OUT! It gives the Kale an amazing taste. You only need enough grease to cover the bottom/lightly coat the Kale. I wouldn't cook it in the grease of a whole pack though. I use the same amount of grease as I would oil. Top with some Hot Sauce or Siracha and ENJOY!Print
"Cheesy" Bacon Kale Scramble using Nutritional Yeast to give it a great cheesy flavor. Whole30, Paleo and Delicious!
- 6 Pieces of Bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Chopped Kale
- 8 Large Eggs
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Cashew Milk (Almond will work)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne
- Slice it into 1-inch slices, and put it into a 12-inch frying/sauté pan
- Cover with the lid and allow to simmer over medium/medium-low, stirring about every two minutes, until cooked
- Once crispy remove the bacon from the grease spreading it out onto a paper towel.
- Add the kale to the bacon grease in the pan, cover, and cook.
- Stir the Kale every few minutes. You want the Kale to be slightly wilted, crispy on the edges, and slightly browning
- While the Kale is cooking mix up the eggs and remaining ingredients
- Once the Kale is done cooking add the Bacon Egg mixture to the Kale
- Cook till eggs are cooked through (7-10 minutes)