Nothing can be more satisfying lunch then a plate of mixed greens topped with delicious homemade Chicken Salad. What makes it even better is to load up the Chicken Salad with juicy Red Grapes, heart healthy Walnuts and crispy crunchy Celery. The twist that helps to give this Chicken Salad its amazing taste is Tarragon and Paprika. Tarragon can add a bit of sweetness while the Paprika adds a bit of zest!
Chicken Salad is definitely a go to for a quick and satisfying lunch. By making it yourself it allows you to control what ingredients goes into it. Therefore, you can use chicken of your choice, homemade mayonnaise or your favorite prepared mayonnaise. Thus, allowing you to make it egg free Whole30 or Paleo. Also, if you like more of something you can add a little extra, not a huge fan of something you can add less or none. Not to mention it is a great source of not only protein but healthy fats that also taste delicious.
Not only is it a great twist to the protein for your salad, but it is also perfect in a wrap or sandwich. What is even better is that you can make a big batch of it and use it for lunches throughout the week. Consequently, making it at home will allow you to be able to enjoy it an extra day or two since you know exactly when it was made. I hope you enjoy Chicken Walnut and Grape Salad as much as we do!!Print
Hearty Chicken Salad with Grapes, Walnuts and Celery
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 6 cups of water
- Chopped/Shredded Chicken
- 1 cup of Mayo
- 1 1/2 Red Grapes, quartered
- 1 cup Celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Bring the 6 cups of water to a boil on the stovetop
- Add the Chicken, allowing to cook for about 35 mins till the chicken is 165 degrees
- Remove the Chicken from the water and either chop or shred (whatever your preference is)
- Add the Chicken and remaining Salad ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined
- Store in the fridge for up to three days
Some of the Items I used:
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. What does this mean to you? It means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you.