There are so many great Buffalo Chicken and Buffalo Cauliflower recipes out there. What you don't see is a combination of Buffalo, Cauliflower and Chicken. Well here is my twist to it, this will become a new go to dish that is satisfying as a meal. It is also great over a bed of greens topped with Blue Cheese crumbles. However you eat it, this easy to make dish will become a delicious go to lunch or dinner for you. Not only is it quick and easy, it is Paleo, Keto and Whole30 compliant.
One night I had the hankering for Buffalo Chicken and went digging through the freezer looking for chicken. At the top of the vegetable section (next to the meats) were the BAGS of Cauliflower Rice. I had just stocked up on at Trader Joes so there were a few bags... A light bulb went off, why not make some buffalo chicken and throw in the cauliflower rice. Not only does it combine 2 great dishes but add some nutrients and sustenance. Lets be honest, I could eat a giant bowl of buffalo chicken as a meal. The addition of the Cauliflower Rice adds a new dimension to it.
How to make Buffalo Chicken and Cauliflower Rice:
I put the frozen chicken into my InstaPot (12 minutes on Poultry Setting with 1 cup of Water). Once done I shredded the Chicken and heated up a pan on the stovetop over medium low, melting the Ghee. Once the Ghee was melted I added the Shredded Chicken, Cauliflower Rice and Hot Sauce, covered and let simmer on low until the Cauliflower rice was soft (about 20 minutes). I used frozen Cauliflower Rice. This way as it defrosted it would keeps the dish from getting dried out as it simmers.
This is one of those meals that you can make at the beginning of the week and have all week long ontop of salads, potatoes or in a bowl all by itself. If you like a little more kick you can add extra Hot Sauce or Cayenne Pepper. If you don't like a lot of spice throw a little water into the mixture or just add less Hot Sauce. Enjoy making this dish your own!!Print
Buffalo Cauliflower Chicken is the perfect combination of Buffalo Chicken AND Buffalo Cauliflower!! It is also Whole30, Paleo and Keto Compliant!
- 1 pound Chicken
- 12 ounces Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 cup Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Cook your chicken using your preferred method, once cooked shred it. If you want to use a InstaPot add 1 cup of water, place on poultry setting and cook for 12 minutes. If you cook it in the oven make sure you add water to the dish and cover with foil cooking at 350 degrees until it is cooked to 165 degrees (about 30-35 minutes).
- Heat a pan over medium low heat, adding the ghee to melt.
- Once the Ghee is melted add the Chicken, Cauliflower Rice and Hot Sauce stirring it all together.
- Cover and simmer over low stirring every 5 minutes for 20-30 mintes
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 998.6 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 22.9 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken, Buffalo Cauliflower