Orange Chicken, this is not your normal chicken dish but a clean and healthy twist to one of my favorites! Nothing is better than a big bowl of it for dinner, lunch or even a little snack. Finding a recipe that is Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30 or Keto is no easy task. Therefore, I set out to find make my own and it is AMAZING. It even got thumbs up from someone who claims to “live for” takeout Orange Chicken. What is great about making it yourself is you can make it to fit your taste.
How to make the Chicken for Orange Chicken:
First, you start with a pound of Chicken breast, placing it in a plastic back. Get a meat tenderizer and release some stress. After you take out your frustrations from the day, remove the Chicken and slice it about 1/4 inch think lengthwise. You can cut it thicker if you like thicker chunks of chicken. Combine Arrowroot and the seasoning in a bowl. Also, heat oil in a pan over med low heat. While the pan is heating, coat each strip in the mixture, shake off the excess. Continue doing this until all the chicken is covered.
Since you can’t fit all the chicken in one pan, you will have to do a couple batches. Place Chicken into heated pan, make sure that it not touching. Allow to cook for 2 minutes on each side. After you complete the first batch move the cooked pieces on a plate ands start the next batch. Once all the chicken strips are cooked set it aside.
How to make the sauce for Orange Chicken
Add the ingredients for the sauce into the pan. Make sure to scrap the excess bits from the chicken off the bottom. Bring to a light boil and reduce heat to low. When making the sauce you can use the juice of an Orange or Orange Juice. If using Orange Juice make sure you use a compliant juice with no added sugar. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, add the Chicken and Orange Slice. Cover and allow to simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes. When it is done, if you choose, sprinkle sesame seeds. Serve the Orange Chicken over cauliflower rice, quinoa, brown rice or in a bowl by itself.
Another bonus for making it on your own is you can make this dish your own. If you want a little extra orange you can add some extra Juice. If you want more sauce you can just double the sauce recipe, more chicken add a little extra chicken. The possibilities are endless.
As always, ENJOY!Print
Orange Chicken that is Gluten Free, Keto, Paleo, Whole30 and Delicious!
- One Pound Boneless Chicken Breast
- 3 tablespoons Arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Amino
- 1/2 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley
- 4–5 Orange Slices
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Seed (optional)
- Heat Oil in Pan over medium-low heat
- Tenderized the Chicken
- Cut the chicken into Quarter inch slices
- Mix Arrowroot, Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt and Pepper together in a bowl
- Dredge each piece through Arrowroot mixture, shaking off any excess
- Place covered Chicken in pan, make sure its not touching (you will need to do multiple batches)
- Once cooked set aside on a plate and add more chicken until all the chicken is cooked
- Add Chicken Broth, Orange Juice, Coconut Amino, Boat Sauce and Parsley to pan bringing it to a low boil
- Reduce to low heat
- Add the Chicken back in and top with Orange Slices
- Allow to cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Add Sesame Seed (if you choose)
- Serve over your choice favorite Cauliflower Rice/Rice/Quinoa if you choose
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: Orange Chicken